'Beautiful Us'

- Mel Parnell 

for Scrap of your life Jan 2021

Off the Page Project from Lemoncraft

Lemoncraft A4 Paper pk Serenity

Flair buttons

Nuvo Shimmer Powder ( Fallen leaves)

Vicki Boutin watercolour markers 

49 and Market 'water bubbles'

Polystyrene Round base

Tim Holtz 'circle stencil tag'

chipboard title 'Beautiful'

When I decided to design this project it started around the colour's in these beautiful papers. They are soft and flowy and they are really feminine. I chose a black and white photo because I didn't want to add colour's to this palette. 

I used Vicki Boutin water colour aqua and green to draw some curves which I cut out and they were placed under the floral spray. I cut a paper plate size circle from the lemon craft paper then I inked the edge. I painted the polystyrene circle in a mixed of green and blue acrylic and sponged it. The front of the styrene is covered and stencilled with watered down teal acrylic paint and stuck on and the larger circle is stuck onto this. It will look like a hat. I would then use the a pizza box to trace the large circle to create stability.

I started to fussy cut all the elements in the beautiful lemon craft paper. (e.g. frames, 2 hot air balloons, butterflies, flowers, leaves). I painted some similar filler leaves to add to this spray.



I did the same to the photo by free handing a water colour border around the photo it becomes the backing of that picture.






I found some prima flowers and painted them with water colours to match this layout. I mixed some acrylic white paint with Nuvo shimmer powder to create water coloured flowers.

I chose a selection of Kaisercraft paper flowers small and medium , lemoncraft flair buttons, charms (antique keys, acrylic 'you' lightbulb, chipboard word 'eternal').

I created filler flowers by poking the wires into polystyrene. This creates more interest in the spray.

Happy crafting lots of love Mel xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under the Sea 49andMarket ‘shipwreck’

A Merry Frame @SOYL CIJ

‘Little Moments’ Happiness CVS