'No Bad Days Here'- Golden Desert

 


'NO BAD DAYS HERE'

GOLDEN DESERT- Prima Marketing

12 x 12 Layout and Pocket Page 

by the Twilight Scrapper



The Ingredients.....

12x12 Kraft Card 

12x12 smooth white cardstock

12x12 Salton- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

12x12 'My Peaceful Place'- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

12x12 Mojave- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

 12x12 Cactus- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

Golden Desert titles- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

Golden Desert Chipboard- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

Golden Desert- puffy stickers- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

Golden desert- journalling note cards- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

Mulberry paper flowers- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

Cactus Flowers- Golden Desert Prima Marketing

Dusty Attic -stencil

VB watercolour- Vicki Boutin watercolour brushes

pink, medium brown, light brown, lime acrylic paints

The Method

This range reminded me of being in a America. We travelled when it was hot and seeing long open plains reminded me of the sparseness of the land. I looked at the shades in the collection and used a mixture of water colours and acrylics with a Tim Holtz circle tag stencil. 


I painted some cacti and made that the focus of the page. Within the cacti I placed chipboard, prima flowers, cutout gold foil cacti and little sentiments thats added to this page. I used a paper plate with green water colour brushes  to create a curved background behind the photo. I used light brown, medium brown, green and pink acrylics to stencil and paint the background white card (1 cm) smaller than the Kraft 12 x 12 cardstock. I used a fine black marker to create a border on the edge of the white cardstock. I wrote words that brought this picture to life ( cocktails, girl time, fun times, chats, catch ups etc)


I carried across the circle theme to the pocket pages and used the notecards to write on and explain the photos in the pockets. I used circle lids to dip in acrylic paints across these pocket pages. I used sticker sheets and, chipboards and titles to decorate these pocket pages.

I had a lot of fun making the multimedia background with all of its layers. I love painting matching embellishments. The gold foiling in this page really adds dimension to this page.



I love mixing colour's that may not seem to go together naturally. 
In life don't opposites attract alot of the time? 
Maybe step out of the usual colour's and try something new.

Happy crafting from The Twilight Scrapper........
Mel xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under the Sea 49andMarket ‘shipwreck’

A Merry Frame @SOYL CIJ

‘Little Moments’ Happiness CVS